Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

quick frames question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulux

Programmer
Sep 4, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I have a CGI script that produces a simple page containing 1 frame ( I am actually using <iframe>.)

Within this I am using 'target=&quot;xxxx.cgi&quot;'. However, the CGI script that I am calling does not execute - I either get to see the code or nothing at all. I know the CGI script I am calling into the frame works - it only says 'howdy'.

I am using Windows 2000 running latest Apache - just for test purposes. Any ideas?

To my mind &quot;Target&quot; is an anchor (<A>) attribute to determine in wich frame or window the linked page is to be loaded. Its allowed values are &quot;_blank&quot;, &quot;_top&quot;, ...
Try to replace &quot;Target&quot; by &quot;src&quot; if your talking about iframe attribute. Water is not bad as long as it stays out human body ;-)

Thanks for the quick reply -

That worked to a certain degree - I can now see the code as opposed to a blank frame.

Still not executing the script, though. I have been through all my books and other resources - but this is not mentioned in any detail. I get the feeling this is a simple problem, though...

... I can now see the code as opposed to a blank frame...[/g]
do you mean you see the source code of your page into the iframe instead of the HTML result of it ? Water is not bad as long as it stays out human body ;-)

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

I can see the source code of 'howdy.cgi' as opposed to the line 'Howdy!'.

Yes, the source code is viewed within the iframe.

Sorry, I misread your last question.

Thanks guys, I solved it myself.

I was using a path to 'howdy.cgi' on my local machine rather than just using src=&quot;howdy.cgi&quot;.

Works fine now, on to the complicated stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back