Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick count of consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnjwinters

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
US
Just want a quick idea of what hospitals in particular, are using for consoles, i.e... PC based, M2250, 2616, etc...

2 SDC IntelliDesk consoles. Operators love em!

We're using 2250's (3 of them).

Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem. --Vergil

I used a product from
At first, I had resistance to the whole idea of PC based console emulation. But I know the 2250 better and can run it faster than most veteran Operators.

Then I realized something - people that never used or mastered the 2250 were taking to the "very" advanced operation of the PC based system and I was simply unable to beat them any more.

Reason being was Hospital Operators I managed also ran a Doc's Answer Service and had integrated access to the Patient Information systems - they even knew if the requested party "expired" before the call was transferred.

I have kept in touch with the Pres of Xtend.com just seeking free advice or opinion - he is in the top 10 list of vendors I've ever worked with.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Using 14 x M1250 (yes, yes, the old ones...!!!) with attached specific software application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back