Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queuing for users

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswinnen

Technical User
Jul 31, 2007
BE
Dear all,

small question :)

IPO 4.2 (+ Voicemail Pro)

Is it possible to do queuing on a user (number).

More info:
I want to forward an external call (comming in to group reception)to a user, when the user is busy I want to drop the call in his queue. So the caller gets moh until the user drops his calls and thakes this one. Is it possible to do this without using a group + queuing?

Can someone help me?

Thanks!!

Sure

Turn call waiting om for the user and set the announcements
If you only want this for external calls then use VMPro and the action "route by incoming call" and then route incoming call route to that module

Internal calls can be checked by the action "route by call status" and then set what you want

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Thanks for the reply.

I enabled "call waiting" and enabled announcements but I get a busy tone when making second call to user.

Tried also only "call waiting" but busy tone...

User has 2 lines + "reserve last ca"

Any idea?

Thanks!

This is your answer:

Call Waiting On: Default = Off
For users on phones without appearance buttons, if the user is on a call and a second call arrives for them, an audio tone can be given in the speech path to indicate a waiting call (the call waiting tone varies according to locale). The waiting caller hears ringing rather than receiving busy. There can only be one waiting call, any further calls receive normal busy treatment. If the call waiting is not answered within the no answer time, it follows forward on no answer or goes to voicemail as appropriate. User call waiting is not used for users on phones with multiple call appearance buttons. Call waiting can also be applied to hunt group calls, see Hunt Group | Hunt Group | Call Waiting. Call waiting should not be used for fax and modem devices.

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Ok thanks tlpeter!

I will just add een third appearance to the phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back