Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mofusjtf

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2004
US
I have a server that has a large amount of queues. This is due to a user trying to send an email with 16MB attachment to over 150 recipients. Anyway I tried to use the aqadmcli.exe tool to delete only the specific message based on a size I used the following syntax.

delmsg flags=SIZE,ms=16189685

It appears to have deleted all the messages in all the queues. Which is what I was trying to prevent. For future reference what would be the correct syntax to delete a message of a specific size using this tool?

well, that user also had other messages of a smaller size that I did not want to delete. I thought about that. Would I be able to do both sender and size?

delmsg flags=sender,sender=sender@domain.com|size,ms=16189685

I think this can be a powerful tool to have at my disposal once I get familiar with the command switches.

Ah ha, are the quotes essential? And do I need to set the server if I'm running it on my exchange server? I didn't have to set the server when I ran the command I mentioned originally.

Thanks for the guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back