Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queueing requirement on 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aramsay

Technical User
Oct 31, 2004
GB
Hi all,

We've got a IPO406v1, and have always had a problem (right from v2 when we got the system) with call queueing... We really want the call to stay in the queue (and display as still being queued in SoftConsole / PMP) until it's answered on one of the phones in the group, rather than it disappearing from the queue when it's ringing an extension.

It appears that V4 has this feature which we requested incorporated in it; the only problem is that on the 406v1, we can't install v4.

Does anyone know if the change to queueing is going to be incorporated to v3.2, or if Avaya have any plans to allow 406v1 customers to upgrade their hardware at discounted rates (in the UK).

Thanks in advance

Neither both of them i think, only "old" 406V2 units have a replacement program.

The only kit to have a replacement program is a 406v2 below pcs 8. The lable is conviniently placed on the bottom.

As for queing issues, this the case on the 2.1 sw version 3.0.577 DT and 3.2.54 has fixed them as we found at most of our sites.

If are interested in Version 4 , then you can always upgrade to a 406V2 or a 412

After having to replace our 2030/2050 handsets with 5410/5420's and replace the DT with a DS module, within 6 months of having the system installed in order to be able to get some of our "bugs" fixed (related to soft-console assisted transfers), I really don't think that it's going to go down too well that to get our last problem fixed that we have to spend out more to get the system working as it should do.

There may be some discrepancy between "as it should work" and "as it works".
Maybe you ment "as i expect it works that way"

Be happy! Avaya have brought a solution for your problem![lol]
Oh, sorry i forgot, you have a 406V1.[cry]
Well you cannot expect a car manufacturer to replace a engine in a ten years old car for a brand new one because the new engine is more powerfull, it just will not fit.
If you need a faster car then you will have to buy a new one!
The same problem is with the 406V1, the 4.0 software does not fit, it is grown too big and it is not possible to extend the memory of a 406V1. Either buy a new one or be happy with what you have.

Or I can complain to the reseller; who sold it to us. Unfortunately, we're on our 3rd generation of sales man (within 2.5yrs), so he wasn't involved in the original sale.

Mind you cars are no better; you buy a Ford from the brochure; when you go and collect it, you're told its been "upgraded" to the latest model - by the way, it doesn't have electric this, leather that or something else - you'll just have to live with it!

who bought a 406v1 6 months ago ?
probebly because it was cheap i think
you see that cheap will be expensive at the time
too bad that the sailsman already is gone

tlpeter: I don't understand, who bought a 406v1 6 months ago?

aramsay

You really want version 4 , then just buy a new unit and stop fabricating problems i hope the guys who sold the system are monitoring this thread.

Go on be star

i mean who buys an old system when there is a newer system available ?

We didn't buy an old system when a newer system was available. We bought the IPO 1 week before v2 was released.

I am not fabricating problems, and have this issue documented with the supplier since the installation; I also have no problem in mentioning it here, even although I know that IPGuru works (or worked (not seen him on here recently)) for our supplier, again who I have no problems in even mentioning the name of the supplier - Sterry Communications (now ATC).

if the "6 month" thing is confusing anyone, the statement that I made

"After having to replace our 2030/2050 handsets with 5410/5420's and replace the DT with a DS module, within 6 months of having the system installed" happened some 2 years ago.

Once again, we didn't buy old kit at the time, in the UK (according to our supplier), the DS module/phones where not supplied at the time of our original purchase.

oke now i understand it
but still i suggest a 406v2
but if the problem you have is too big to let it go then buy a 406 v2 and sell the 406 v1 on ebay for a nice price

OK, if I buy a 406v2 on eBay, would I still be able to get an exchange to PCS8 or higher via my dealer from Avaya?

You should hit the migration campaign while it lasts. It will still cost you to change to a 406v2 and DS phones but you will get rebate for the hardware you replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back