Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue to skillset if no answer on personnal DN

Status
Not open for further replies.

drivest

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2005
CA
I'm struggling with a feature that needs to be implemented but I can't find a clean way of doing it.

Here's what needs to be done:

Incoming calls to a toll free hit a call pilot application and ask user to enter an extension #, otherwise the call is queued to a skillset. That part works fine.

Now in the event the personnal DN is not answered, the call has to be routed back in the skillset.
While we can program the set's FDN or hunt with a CDN or ACD instead of voice mail, this is hard to manage as people move around a lot and we'd need to reprogram their phone every time with the proper CDN.

Anybody has a better idea?
Is there any way to make this through symposium scripts that would make the call come back to the queue on no answer?

We use Meridian succession 3, Call Pilot 02.01.27 and Symposium 4.

Any advice would help.

Thanks!

you could have the call come into the sccs first then use the ROUTE CALL CONTROLLED command.

ROUTE CALL <person dn> CONTROLLED

with the controlled command, sccs maintains control of the call the entire time, until the call is answered or terminated by some other means.

Note: this is for internal DN only and will only work if the destination is busy.

when the destination is busy, the sccs pulls the call back and continue on with the script.

Can the call transfer be done using CallPilot instead of SCCS? If its unsuccessful in with the CallPilot IVR (appbuilder), then Symposium can queue the call.

you could probably use CP, however the phones would have to have CLS FND and HTD.

The reason for that is, if the CP xfer the call to the set and no one is there the caller would either FNA to HUNT...to CP this is a successful call.

By denying the FNA and HUNT, CP would see it as a failed call and pull the call back and take the "Failed Xfer" path on the XFER block. Set that path to another XFER block that xfer to the SCCS CDN.

Or you could use CP/SCCS intergration (if the SCCS is on 4.2+) and use OPEN VOICE SESSION/COLLECT DIGIT commands

thanks yyrkroon,

This is a very good Idea since the purpose of all this is that we wanted to minimize the number of calls ending up to voice mail and re-direct them to other agents.

By putting FND and HTD we will by default remove ability to go to voice mail on no answer, plus integrating it in the call pilot application is a good idea if the Failed Xfer works.

Thanks!

Drivest,
Could you please get back with me as this sounds like something I would like to do but no one can seem to help me put together. I'm farely new to Symposium. I would really appreciate it if you could help me out.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back