Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue to Same Skill with Higher Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryhoudini66

Technical User
Jun 20, 2006
US
I have a vector that queues the call to a skill with a low priority. After about three minutes or so, I have a step that queues right back to the skill but with a medium priority. However, from what I am seeing, I dont think this is happening as the call remains unanswered for a long time. Is it even possible to keep the call within the same VDN and queue to the same skill but at a higher priority after some time?

1st of all why is the call not being answered, that is what is really the issue here, changing the priority will not get this call answered any quicker if the agents are not answering calls. Monitor bcms skill xxx will tell the tale of what's going on

We have other VDNS That queue to the same skill but with higher priority. For example, we have top priority, high priority, medium priority and all those calls are being answered first and cleared out before the low priority ones are answered.

So the thought process is to have low priority calls change to medium priority after some time so they can get answered. If possible, we would like to avoid sending them to another VDN or creating another queue due to some complex reporting we have in place already and this would require making changes to that as well and thus complicate things more.

So back to the original question, is this even possible? The vector allows it but I dont think its happening because some calls have sat unanswered for upwards of an hour.

yes it is possible, on the vector it comes in out queue to skill xxxx priority high

Okay, here is an example in case it helps:

queue to skill 11 pri l
announcement 7190
wait-time 120 secs hearing music
collect 1 digits after announcement 7189
route to number 1486 with cov n if digit=1
wait-time 60 secs hearing music
queue to skill 11 pri m
wait-time 60 secs hearing music
announcement 7190

So the vector allows it but I dont see it happening because if the call did in fact change from low to medium, it would have been answered and not waited over an hour.

Thanks in advance for your help.

try making step 1 a medium priority and step 7 a high priority, monitor bcms skill xxxx and call the vdn, watch and see how many agents are logged in and time it takes them to answer the call, you could also write a command line that says go to step x if oldest call wait = xxxx then send it to another vdn that routes to another vector as a high priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back