Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drue

Programmer
Dec 8, 2005
US
dont mind my terminology I have a queue that has 96 position IDs assosiated with it running to a periphonics IVR. We are currently moving to a Genesys IVR. I am wondering why when I dial the queue number does it grab any TN. we are downsizing the number of ports we have from 96 to 24. Do I only need to disable the other 3 lineside t1 cards?

for inbound it will start at the lowest trunk number.. if the same card is used for outbound, it would have used the highest number 1st..

it does not matter, out the ones your not using.. disable would work, but if you have a restart they may enable and cause problems.. it is a good practice to remove all software that is not used.. it can cause error that you only see in pdt, but they can flood your ram and cause ini during heavy traffic..

keep it clean, keep it talking

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I am thinking the answer is different, if I read the question correctly......

ACD = longest waiting call to longest waiting agent (or answering position) As not all calls are the same duration, over time the search order changes from what initially looks like round robin, to something more like random selection (which I think you are describing). But it is still ACD.

I have no experience with the Periphonics system. I suspect that it does not acquire as CC6 etc does. That being the case, as John Poole has said, a simple DIS(U or C) would be the basics of downsizing, but deletion is better.

very good point to out them.. I already disabled them and it worked..but that would not be good if they reenabled on a restart Good job thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back