Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

queue on the SMTP Virtial Server has many entries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomobile

MIS
May 2, 2002
US
Ok, it seems that we were being used as a relay. I have now close this per info here and there (from the forum and such). And as far as I know we are not relaying per the ISP provider and such..

During the above and such I notice many entries inside this smtp virtual queue. Yes, they all failed but I want to clean them up (they were all remote retries).

I went back to SPAMCOP and they still reported the following?

A sample sent sometime during the 24 hours beginning Thursday, February 05, 2004 4:00:00 PM -0800:
Received: from [xx.xx.xxx.xxx] (-.-.-)-
by -.-.net with - (Exim -.-)-
id -
for -@-.com- Fri, - Feb 2004 - -
Subject: tamar -

A sample sent sometime during the 24 hours beginning Wednesday, February 18, 2004 4:00:00 PM -0800:
Received: from -.-.- (-xx-xx-xxx-xxx.-.-.-.net [xx.xx.xxx.xxx])
by -.-.net (Postfix) with - id -
for <-@-.net>- Thu, - Feb 2004 - - (-)
Subject: - per dose

Any ideas cause I really need to stop this stuff soon.

jess

You can right click on each queue and click on Delete-no NDR to delete any pending messages to retry delivery. Then refresh the Vitual SMTP and you should see them start to drop off. You cannot click and high-light all queues, unfortunately. I had customers that had open relay turned on and I was called in to clean it all up. They had in order of 1800 queues and it took a while to clean them all up, but eventually I weeded them all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back