Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Queue ETA always reports 1 minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

racom

Vendor
Mar 9, 2005
US
Customer complained that no matter what, the Queue ETA always reports estimated answer time at 1 minute. I set this up in my lab and even hours of calls waiting in queue, it still reports 1 minute. Both the customer and my lab are at 4.0.10. Anyone heard of this?

The calculation is based on the answer time of something like the last 10-20 calls (20 I think) so if your customer is having short term busy periods it will report one minute because not enough calls have had to wait to affect the average. In your test environment perhaps your not generating enough answered calls which had to wait to alter the average?

Thanks

Andrew

Are you prioritizing incoming calls with different levels?

This can effect this, obviously if you have a higher priority call come in again and again it will keep jumping to the front of the queue ahead of the caller that is getting this message.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Do they realy need Queue ETA in my experiance it just antagonises your customers

it either gives to short an estimate & the cust complaines "i've been holding for hours when your system said 2 min" or the get a long eta, think you do not have enough staff in the call center & go elsewhere.

IMHO it is a no win situation & try to talk the customer out of it (when that fails I usualy recieve a request to turn it off a few weeks later)

I had to turn it off, but they still want it fixed.

No, there is currently no prioritization. There are 5 agents logged in taking calls. The queue has had up to 24 calls waiting in it, and it still says ETA 1 minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back