Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions about the BSCI 640-901 and 642-801 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow123

Technical User
Aug 11, 2003
US
I am currently studding for the BSCI exam utilizing the Cisco Press CCNP Self Study book by Paquet and Teare. I must admit that I am a little intimidated by the about of information covered in this book. After going through the book a few times, going through most of the exercises and over six years of experience… I’m at the point I know I don’t know everything. Can someone lend me some assurance or a dose or reality? Just how hard is the exam? How complex are the simulations? Are there questions like, what is the fifth step in BGP path selection? Are the simulations, Configure router A with RIP redistributed into OSPF with a metric of X and IBGP/EBGP? Just need a little assurance not answers on the test!

I recently took the 640-901 test, and I will say that it is a difficult test, but not one you cannot pass.
Myself, and others I know, who have taken the test only got one simulation: Configuring OSPF. All they want you to do is activate OSPF on one router. It's pretty easy.
A tough subject for me was BGP (but probably cause those were the last questions I got). Know your Syncronization in BGP.
Also, I got a few oddball questions regarding IS-IS. These questions regarded more of the OSI related elements.

That's all I can really say on it.
Again, it's a tough test, but it's not unpassable.
I scored an 848 (passing is 700).

-RCB-

Thank you for the information. It was what I need. Not the test questions just a little info! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back