Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions about Sidekick 99

Status
Not open for further replies.

greensterpp

Technical User
Oct 31, 2005
US
1. Was there ever a patch for Sidekick 99? I have my original disk and it works great with XP. But I can't recall if there was a patch for it. (Yes, I know there was a patch for Sidekick 98, and yes, I've searched the FAQs and the website where all the Sidekick stuff can be found.)
2. Dumb question...I'd like to copy my Sidekick 99 info -- especially my contacts -- from my desktop to my laptop. Do I import or export or backup? Hey, I'm DUMB! I want to move the info over WITH all my desktop fields intact so it doesn't just revert to the OEM ones, etc. (Yes, I've searched the FAQs and the website where all the Sidekick stuff can be found. But I'm dumber than that.) Step by step instructions appreciated.
3. I love this board. and I'll contribute my $$$ for a new version of Sidekick! I've been using it for eons.

Dear greensterpp,
Just use Windows Explorer and copy all the files in Userdata
which is here usually:

"C:\Program Files\Starfish\Sidekick 99\Userdata"

Over to your new computer into a new folder (in 'Shared Documents' if you are not the only one who logs in and uses Sidekick)
You can then define that new folder as your
'default working directory'
by opening Sidekick99 on the new machine and going to:
Tools|General Preferences and click on the browse button next to Default Working Directory and browse to that Folder.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back