Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions about shoretel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgurgen

Programmer
Mar 9, 2006
US
I have expierienced a few things i dont like about the system, maybe someone knows how to fix these.
1. When picking up from another extension and placing the caller on hold it transfers to voicemail in under a minute. How can i change that time frame.

2. Also without putting every extension on the buttons on the phone how would one monitor multiple extensions and be able to pick them up as if they were the only on in the office. Do you have to set up the phones to all foward the call to another phone? That would be stupid. I noticed that you can just pick up by hitting the soft button and dial the extension but is there an easier way so you dont need to memorize peoples extensions?

Suggestions

Instead of putting the call on Hold you can Park the call In Shoreware Director you can alter the length of time the call will remain parked before ringing back to the station that parked it. I think it's up to 1,000 seconds (16 minutes).

You can monitor every extension on your system if you use the Operator Call Manager on your PC. You select the extensions to monitor and you get an Icon for each one that visually indicates their status, gives you the ability to quickly identify all party's on a call, and gives you two click access to Barge In, Whisper Page, etc.

looks like we might have to look into getting the operator call manager. Thanks for the info.

I got another question for ya. How can i set up someone to be able to listen in on ones calls without the other side hearing. We are trying to set up a training line where a user will be on the phone with a customer and the user will have a trainer listening in and talking to the user to help them out but only the user can hear the trainer and not the customer. Is that even possible?

My pleasure.

I don't know of a way to do exactly what you're requesting for the training application without a full-blown Contact Center solution. Again in the Operator Call Manager you could have your trainer use the Whisper Page feature to coach the agent and the customer would not hear the supervisor but the supervisor would not hear the customer either. The Supervisor could Silent Monitor the call and type messages in the Call Detail window that the agent would see. The alternative would be for the record the call (and/or monitor) and use the call later to coach the agent.

where is the call detail? we have Personal Call Manager, does that have it? The silent monitor is probably the best solution.

Make sure you are in Detail View in the Call Manager; not Docked or Compact. Then you should see a Details pane. When a call is active you will see the real-time routing information of the call. And if you right click in this pane during the call one option is to Edit Call Detail. Any notes you add here will be visible to anyone else on the system that is participating in the call. It also stays with the call information as a record.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back