Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions about PERC 4/DC configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

PPettit

IS-IT--Management
Sep 13, 2003
US
I've got a PowerEdge 6600 with a PERC 4/DC controller. I was going to replace the existing drives with larger ones as well as make a few other changes. Unfortunately, I don't know a lot about RAID controllers/configurations and my company makes it difficult for me to arrange for downtime so that I can investigate the controller configuration interface.

I've got four partitions: EISA configuration, C:, E:, and F:. I want EISA and C: on one mirrored set, and E: on its own mirrored set. Since F: is relatively unimportant data, I'd like to move it to the old, smaller drives. Is it possible to set up a third mirrored set for F:? If not, can I set up a non-RAID drive for F: on this controller?

You should be able do either/or/both with this controller as long as you have empty drive slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back