Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBloggssss

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2005
GB
Hi,

I am new to this area of security, I am aware of how to integrate a proxy with Firewall-1 using UFP. My questions are 1. Is it better to place a proxy internal and let the clients contact it direct with it define in the web broweser of the clients, or using CVP. 2. I believe you can integrate a proxy with LDAP to have a list of all users in the enterprise, this allows you to limit access to the web requiring authentication, where do you say the client can use the web or not in the proxy or is there a place in windows diectory? Thanks in advance.

The purpose of this forum is not to help people bypass security measures put in place to stop people squandering resources. It's the other way around ;)

Carlsberg don't run I.T departments, but if they did they'd probably be more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back