Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question with Impromptu List report

Status
Not open for further replies.

taruna1

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
Hi,
I have to create the report in the following format
A AA 2
AB 0
AC 0
B AA 3
AB 1
AC 0
Total AA 5
AB 1
AC 0
Now, I have done the easier part. The issue I am facing is since AB has a total of 0 in A, that row does not show up and similarly for AC in A and AC in B. I would like to show all the three rows AA, AB, AC and their total and if the values don't exist then o's.
Secondly, I have to do the same thing for the total. I am able to get a total of A and total of B, but I can calculate a total of AA, AB and AC too, but I am not sure how to get it to display in the list report, as total is a group created by me and does not exist in the db.

Please provide suggestions..

Thanks,
Taruna

You need to go into Tools on the upper toolbar; click on options; click on the Data Format tab; and set your numeric fields as: missing default to 0 not null. If this is only a one time thing for this report then change the individual field formats instead of the formats under options.

Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back