Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question server remote node

Status
Not open for further replies.

hok1man

Technical User
Feb 16, 2008
Hi guys,

I was told by our system admin that we have remote server and 2 underlying server, here's by example :

server A -> remote server or dns alias
server A1 -> underlying server (resource server)
server A2 -> underlying server (failover server)

A
/ \
A1 A2

we always connect via putty to A, and A redirect to either A1 or A2 whichever underlying server is currently active.

The reason they are making like this is to always pointing to one dns server which is A, avoid confusion for application.

but, when I tried to prove it technically,
those 3 servers has different IP address,
and there's no alias name that prove A is dns alias from A1 or A2, from nslookup command

I believe there must be something to provide information technically about this right?

do you guys have any idea how to prove it technically? or you guys have this kinda infra topology similar like this?

Thanks guys,

They are probably using an appliance such as 3DNS or BigIP to manage the load balancing and/or failover here, so you would need administrative access to that appliance to be able to obtain the information you seek.

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back