Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question related to word form - copying labels and bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavya

Programmer
Feb 21, 2001
US
In word form, how to copy the field name labels and bookmarks to various child records..

I have a word form
eg with a Supplier information and different products the supplier supplied

A supplier might supply one or more products.

Rather than having #1, #2, #3, #4 sections for different products already labelled in the word form, I want to program in such a way based on the supplier and number of products it only shows relative number of products section. How to achieve this?

I am confused. Could you give better details?

What version are you using?

By "form" do you mean a userform, or something in a document?

"I have a word form
eg with a Supplier information and different products the supplier supplied"

Are these formfields? ActiveX controls?

"Rather than having #1, #2, #3, #4 sections for different products already labelled in the word form"

I have no idea what you mean by this.

"field name labels " Fields do not have labels.

"to various child records.."

What child records? If there is some parent/child relationship, then it is something YOU have created. In which case, YOU have to tell us what that is.

"How to achieve this? "

I am confident that we can help you achieve something, but we need more detailed information on what that is.

" I want to program in such a way based on the supplier and number of products it only shows relative number of products section."

This sounds like you want to show/hide content based on some sort of logic.

If text_X (the Supplier?) = Y, then content should be A, B, and C.

If text_X (the Supplier?) = Z, then content should be H, M, N

OK, such things can be done, but more detail is required.

Gerry

Sorry for the confusion,

a) I need to design a survey form, part of it will have fields being populated from the access database, other part will have fields that user will manually enter then will need to be read into the database again.

I am not sure I am going in the right approach, would word form solve this purpose or should I use bookmarks.

The fields on the document will be in certain format concerning to alignment etc...

b) whether pdf is better than word for this project

c) My question regarding the suppliers example is - in MS Access report only when there is a related record it shows the record information, and based on number of records the information will be displayed

Eg If a supplier can supply max of 4 products, for suppliers who can supply just 2 or 1, I don't want the product inforamtion field names to show 4 times instead they should be displayed based on number of products a suppler has..

Supplier - Joe Smith
Coffee, Fish

1) Product name:Coffee
Quantitiy Available:100lb
Cost:3/lb

2)Product name:Fish
Quantitiy Available:50lb
Cost:7/lb

and not as

1) Product name:Coffee
Quantitiy Available
Cost: