Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question regarding Time Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALF13

Technical User
Oct 30, 2006
DE
Hello All,

The IP Office uses the network time protocol RFC 868.
Sometimes I have set Broadcast IP Address for Time Server.
Do you know a freeware tool to check timeservers or to search for time server in a network (broadcast)?

Regards

this will tell you how to set it so that it pulls the time from a public time server
this can set your time on the IPO.
or did I misunderstand your question and you want to send the time in your network as a broadcast to all devices?
If your Pc's are in a domain then the domain controller should do the time set

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Hello Westi,

Thank you for feedback.

I need a tool (freeware if possible) to search for time servers in a LAN.

For Example:

I come to a new customer. He don't know if he has a time server. I connect my notebook to his LAN. I start the software and it search for time servers in the LAN with RFC 868.

It would be perfect if the software shows a statistic like this:

192.168.42.50 = RFC868 = UDP = 05.04.08 10:15
192.168.42.11 = RFC868 = TCP = 05.04.08 10:15
192.168.42.09 = RFC868 = TCP = 06.04.08 11:15

So you will find a suitable time server in the LAN of the customer and you see configuration issues of them (look at the last example).

I used google and so on to fid a software like this, but without success. There some time server testers but the all are not the right one.

Do you know a software which can cover this????

No I am sorry, I did the google thingy too but you find a lot of freeware servers but no tool to discover it, maybe somebody that is more into the computer world has one.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

This one can be used to test a RFC868 time server:
Time server ip address : 132.163.4.102

TimeServer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back