Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question regarding special field 'Data Time Zone'

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsenorjose

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
US
I've never given this much thought because I assumed the answer was that the data time zone is the time zone of the database server a report is querying but now I'm not so sure. What does this mean?

Data Time Zone
Use the Data Time Zone Field to include a field that contains the time zone in which the data was last retrieved (refreshed). This field can be placed in any section of your report, depending on how often you want it to print.

Does this mean the database server? Or if the report is running through Crystal Reports Server or BO Server, is it the time zone of that server? To complicate matters:

Print Time Zone
Use the Print Time Zone Field to include a field that contains the time zone in which the report prints. This field can be placed in any section of your report, depending on how often you want it to print.

Is that a user's desktop's time zone or the time zone of the server hosting the application that delivers the report?

I need this clarified because this report is vital to regulatory compliance in various countries and the client must know what time zone this will display.

Thanks in advance. We're using Crystal Reports XI on an Oracle 10g backend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back