Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question regarding Avaya J159 700512394

Status
Not open for further replies.

tac84

Programmer
Mar 15, 2019
AU
Hi everyone,

Needing some assistance.

I sold an unused J159 handset (700512394) on the secondhand market which I used on Avaya IP Office R11.1 with no issues at all.

The buyer is trying to set it up on Avaya Cloud Office and is telling me that my phone is 'locked'

Is the above comcode 700512394 compatible between IPO/CM and Avaya Cloud Office? or is there another J159 model on the market that you specifically need for ACO?

The buyer also supplied me with a screenshot from ACO showing the device was locked, but I noticed that the MAC address was for a completely different handset! Oops...

Just want to get my facts right before replying.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

All models of J159 work. ACO uses DES (Device Enrolment Services) for no-touch provisioning. I believe that the “locked” indicates that the Avaya DES database is showing that this particular J159 is already assigned so DES will not work. Avaya needs to reset it in the database.

Thanks @gwebster, really appreciate the response.

The device is also showing "Locked" because the buyer was showing me the status of a different J159, not the one I sold. Sends me a screenshot with a completely different MAC/Serial showing [lol]

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back