Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question regarding amphenol to cat5e

Status
Not open for further replies.

driven0

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2013
US
I've been slamming my head on the wall on this one...I'm not a cable expert, so any help is appreciated.

I'm dealing with these 110 blocks: [URL unfurl="true"]http://www.commscope.com/catalog/enterprise/product_details.aspx?id=24532[/url]

The setup. Cat 5e cables from desks to 110 block. First 4 rows of the 110 are the cat5e the 5th/6th row is a 50 pin amphenol. Cross connects between the cat5 and the 50 pair amphenol. This goes from a small close to a bigger one where the amphenol terminates in the IT closet at another 110 block

I'm punching down a cable at the 110 on yellow/orange (because it was cross connected from the previously 110) using white/orange and terminating at my pbx. It's a digital phone so I only need 1 pair, but can't get anything.

In short:
Desk --> cat5e
cat5e --> 110 block (4 rows)
cross connect (row 5 of 110) --> to 50 pair amphenol
50 pair amphenol --> Another 110 block
110 block (ampenol run) --> to pbx.

It seems it doesn't matter what pair I try, nothing is taking.

Sorry for this long-winded question, It's been a long night.

Thanks!

Start at the PBX end, cut down a temp jack close to PBX and test phone. If it works there, expand out toward station. You mention both Ye/Or and Wh/Or - but I'm not following. If you use Ye/Or on one end of the "amphenol", you must use Ye/Or on the other end as well. And you should be using Wh/Bl on your station jacks - unless you have unusual wiring at the jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back