Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question/Recommendation, for connecting to the PSTN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donn29

Technical User
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I'm setting up an auto attendant for our company. Our company has under 10 users. I'm not sure which way is best to start using the system with the PSTN. I set up the AA and have soft phone extensions and it all works pretty good. We currently have a standard 2 line account with Bell Canada. If we purchase an FXO card, and the IVR does a cold transfer to a cell phone(ie the IVR option for "Service" goes to the service managers cell), will that tie up one of my 2 lines until that call is disconnected?

There is rarely more than 1 or 2 people in the office, so transferring to cells and only having 1 or 2 phones in the office would work well. Basically that is what we currently are doing, but just having the caller manually make their own call, which is not very customer friendly.

Thanks all!

A trunk-to-trunk transfer will use two lines, one in and one out until the call is dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back