Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question re: Logoff with a published app

Status
Not open for further replies.

bran2235

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Hello all...

Running XenApp 4.5 on W2k3 x64
I publish the desktop to my users who are using Wyse Thin Clients.

From their (Published) dekstop, they use PN to connect to two other apps on a different server (don't run in x64)...

Here's the problem...
They log into the server (get their desktop)
Launch the published app via PN
Everything's fine at this point...

When they go to log off of the published desktop (Start \ Logoff), and if they leave one of the 2 published apps open, they CAN'T log off....

It seems to work, if they close the published Applications before logging out....

Anyone know how I can fix this so that if they thry to log off (and still have a published app open), they can successfully log off?

Many Thanks!
Brandon

So they are running a Published Desktop on ServerA, and within that published desktop, they are running a published application on ServerB?

If you do the same thing from a PC (not a Wyse terminal), does the same thing happen?

Yes, they log into a Published Desktop (99% of their applications is on this published dekstop). However, there are some other apps that they use PN (from the published desktop) to access them (on Server B)...

If they don't close their published apps (from Server B) and try to log out from Server A- they can't log out...

This happens from both a ThinClient and from (my) PC.

THANKS!

Not sure this is what you want to hear, but:
a) can't you publish the other server's apps to their terminal/PC and have them run them from there instead of through an existing Citrix desktop?
b) If you publish something simple on ServerB (like notepad), do you get the same result?

I will try with notepad and let you know...

Great idea with your 'letter a)' suggestion... however, we can't do that... because they need to use this/these app(s) in conjucntion with with their desktop.

Going to try Notepad now ... Thanks!!

bran2235,
I've run into this issue before and I just adjusted the ICA connection timeouts on the servers that are publishing out those 1 off apps.
If the application is not logging off properly, there is a Citrix article that helps you troubleshoot the process. There is a registry entry you have to make on the Citrix server in order for that issue to get resolved.

Hope that helps.

Enigma-
When you say you adjusted ICA timeouts.... I don't think I can do this because there are no time restrictions around 'connection times' to these other apps.

Am I understanding you correctly? You basically said they can only connect to these other apps for a certain period of time- then they are forced to close the app?

Thanks!
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back