Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on Updating OS to W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerundino

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2003
CA
Hey all,

Quick questions for the powers that be CheckPoint gurus. I have been researching on the Net, trying to see what, if any, snags I would run into by upgrading our Windows NT4 SP6 box which has CheckPoint 4.1SP6 running on it to Windows 2000 SP3. So far, I have not found anything on the net or the books I have scrounged, and phoneboy.com turned up nothing as well.

If anyone has any comments, please feel free to share. I would be more than grateful!

Thanks,
Nik

Just a clarification - I am only looking for areas which could be interesting for CheckPoint. The migration to 2000 from NT is easy, it is the firewall I am concerned about.

Thanks,

Nik

What will be running on the new platform, the enforcement module, or management server?

Thanks, Legend - It will be the management erver.

We're running our Management server on Windows 2000, while our enforcement modules are on Nokia IP platforms. However, this may not be much use, since we are running NG FP2- we upgraded from 4.1 SP6 recently and that's when we upgraded our management station from NT4 to Windows 2K.

Cheers,
Scaine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back