Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question on ts/web

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2005
US
My boss connected to one of our clients 2003 server remotely by opening up a browser and typing domain name).com/tsweb

I Was wondeing if someone could explain how this works and how to set it up?
Also, why does one type mail before the domain name?? Once he logged in it was as if he was using remote desktop.

SO it looks like terminal services over the web is a way to use remote desktop via a browser but how would I enable this on a 2003 server I am setting up and do I have to type mail.domain name or can that be what ever I want? Why would they want to use the word "mail" before the domain name??

thanks in advance,
harvey

TSWEB is a feature that allows you to use IE to connect to a terminal server, it requires you to have IIS installed on one of your servers. It installes a small active X componant the first time you connect and that's all.

As for the domain name if mail@domain.com points to your server then it would allow you to access it via TSWEB, typically a mail@domain.com would be used to direct mail to a mail server.

"Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar." - Sigmund Freud

Oh and as you can see from the link it is an addon for 2003 server, you can manually add this package from Add/Remove in the Control Panel.

"Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar." - Sigmund Freud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back