Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question on short calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scriptscience

Technical User
Feb 9, 2007
US
On the Agent Peformance report there is a column titled "short call answered". These signal from what I understand that the agent might have rushed the call.

I also understand that there is a "short call threshold" where calls that hang up within this threshold are not counted as abandoned.

Are these two things the same or are they different numbers?

They are the same. It is intended to flag up calls that are too short to be considered "real" calls I.e. agents that are deliberately terminating calls early. It is nothing to with callers hanging up early before being answered, these would be counted in the application as calls abandoned before threshold, the threshold in this case being the service level threshold for the application. Calls abandoned before the threshold are not counted against the service level but are still counted as abandoned.

I am still confused; can you please clarify. If my service level goal is to answer 80% of the calls before 20 seconds then my service level threshold for the application is 20 seconds. Are you saying this will be the same criteria that will be applied to determine if agent is deliberating calls early, 20 seconds?

No, you set the short calls threshold separately to a value of your choosing. There is no connection whatsoever between the two. What I was attempting to say was that if an unanswered call is abandoned before the service level threshold, in your case 20 seconds, then it will not count adversely towards your target, and wont be seen as a short call because it is unanswered. If, however, an unanswered call is abandoned after the service level threshold then it will adversley affect your targat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back