Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on Setting up a user

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhalo

MIS
Feb 20, 2004
US
Have an NBX V3000 system and don't know it that well. Trying to setup a new user on an existing extension. I change the user name to the new user. The phone can dial out OK, but when I call the extension, it automatically rings to our AutoAttendant. How/Where can I make the change to ring at his phone?

It sounds like you need to associate the user with the actual extension. If you know the existing extension of the phone or the MAC address then this is a simple task. It is done from the users tab.

I went to the USers Tab and associated the extension with the user. In fact, the phone display has the extension and can dial out. When I try to call that DID,it rings straight to the Autoattendant and they cannot even dial any internal extensions.

What happens when you try to dial an internal extension? Just a busy signal? Does the display read anything?

Do a dial plan test where you have the phone dial another phone and post the results.

Not 100% sure but it could be a dial plan setting. Can you send a copy of your dial plan, the extension number, and the DID you want to have the phone assigned to? ~ Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back