Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on porting, SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayacoolstuff

Technical User
Jan 31, 2019
US
Hello I need assistance,

I'm going to port few DID numbers from other company to ours in next 3 weeks, I want to know what changes need to be done on our SBC. For example I have a number 6095382432 what needs to be done on SBC so that I can transfer calls coming from 6095382432 to 9442358812 ?

If your SBC and SIP trunks are currently operational and your moving DID 6095382432 from another carrier to your SIP carrier, then take a look at the Adaptation that is currently assigned in System Manager.

In the Adaptation, you can enter information similar to this:
Adaptation4_lyfu9t.png

This should convert the one number into the other assuming you have internal routing for 9442358812.

However, if DID 9442358812 is converted to an EXTENSION that is used for a VDN or Station, you may have an entry similar to this, showing that incoming number 9442358812 is converted to 5-digit extension 12345:
Adaptation5_chgdrz.png

If you want calls to to ring to the same Station or VDN in the PBX then you'll need another entry:
Adaptation6_qwro29.png

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back