Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on Notifications -

Status
Not open for further replies.

alipkok

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2015
DE
Hi , it is not clear to me whether blog subscriptions or discussion subscriptions are processing with the same way as the events that are processing to notification messages .To be more specific ,when i post something in a blog , does the process that is spawned (think that there are subscribers), follow the same route as a single event : NotifyEvents-->LLEventQueue-->NotifyMessages -->Exchange?

Could you please shed some light?In knowledge database there is a document which explain the process of notification events but is not clear whether subscriptions are processing the same way
Why email of subscription in many cases is delivering faster than the notiifcation(email)of an event like add an item in a folder?

Thanks in advance,

Why email of subscription in many cases is delivering faster than the notiifcation(email)of an event like add an item in a folder?
agents have a timer which is selectable to a 5 min interval.so if a "Add Version" is subscribed and your personal agent(9999) is set to run every 5 mins it would get delivered
provided the main processor(8999,9000 etc as in the document) is able to complete the run. I am familiar with elink a product that is email based and it has its own processing and agents.The code follows the same principle.In the case of a elink subscription you post a thread and assume there are people wanting to haer about it then the elink node event processor kicks in and delivers the message in the same way.However livelink also has in line SMTP like perhaps a workflow inform or task step,there the code is processing the message right when the task is being attnded to so it will not wait for any scheduler.Also since elink's agent is lower in number(5000,5001) in the agent schedule run it will run first than your 9999 so there is a small advantage.If you want to explore in code I have a article in my blog that may help.You can have the same advantage if you run 9999 on its own thread

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Thank you appnair for your answer and for the link to your, very useful, blog.I would like to track the route of an eLink event .For instance i posted something, i checked in notifyevents table and i found the entry, after , the 8999 agent processed it to the lleventqueue.There i found 3 entries of the event processed by the 9000 ,9001 and 9002 agents but none of 5001.Later I received the email but i was unable to track how it was processed .I checked elinkmessages table and all elink related tables but i did not find anything. It is important to track it because i had some cases where user received an empty message or without title.
To me seems like cs was in low temp disk space.

Think of it like this 9001 is for user subscription messages like a version was added etc etc one that is et by selecting "Set Notification" and 5001 for anything that is related to elink subscriptions(function menu subscribe to discussion let me know if a reply is added".When events of interest happen the triggers in dtree(core) will put them in NotifyEvents .Then theoretically the events for 5001 should not be touched by 9001 and so on.You may want to open up a OT ticket where if the effects are reproducible OT people can help troubleshoot it with connect logs and thread logs.

Just in case you havent already done so:

- ensure your Notifications pages are set up (Admin Pages), and that you are subscribed (in order to test), your Personal>Notifications>Interest pages.

- would using Builder to debug help?

sure if you were using builder for debugging it is the equivalent of a single threaded livelink.To debug notification or agents or any sched jobs what one does is
Code:
[options]
RunWithoutLogin=true
then with builder running if you do this
[URL unfurl="true"]http://livelinkhost/livelinkscript?func=agent.runagent[/URL]
The above would force all agents to run who has a nexttime in the past a.k.a all outstanding jobs
This will be terrible for debugging because you will see thousands of lines
so if you know you want to debug a agents say 2000 for directory services
[URL unfurl="true"]http://livelinkhost/livelinkscript?func=agent.runagent&agent_list={'2000'}[/URL]
I think I am marveled by Oscript code especially the scheduler so if you want to know its inner workings here's some more info
Link

I have not tried this on CSIDE but I think CSIDE is builder code called in a eclipse plugin so I think it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back