Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on how Apache knows to use itself 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

winkshog

MIS
Aug 3, 2001
US
I have a novell 6 server running with netware E-webserver running with apache webserices running.

I want to move My web page from E-webserver to the Apache server I have copied the file to the right diretory. and I shut down the E-webserver. When I try to go to the web page I get page not found. but I know Apache is running. if I put # in it works Exp:
How do I get it to do this with out the 51080 needing to be put in

Any help would be great

wink

PS I have turned E-webserver back on

They both seem to work for me. Your browser may have cached the site from the previous server.

wiskdiak
the dhd10.org is running on E-webserver by novell if i turn it off that web address does not work. but if you add 51080 which is the port for Apache this works how do i get it lisen to port 80.

background Novell server with apache and Enterprise web server running on the same box.

the problem I am have is that the Enterprise web server is sloooooooow for the e-mail server and the Apache handles the e-mail so much faster.

thanks agian

wink

You can get apache to bind to an ip, port or both using the "Listen" directive. For example: Listen 192.168.0.20:80. This however will not work with your other webserver running because it also uses port 80 (default http port).

winkshog,

Could you have Apache listen on port 80 and the Enterprise web server listen on 51080? You can't have them both listen on the same port.

Wishdiak

where would I put the listen in Apache?

thanks

wink

wink,

In your httpd.conf, you should have a line that begins with 'Listen'. You may have to search for it, and it may be commented out.

Wishdiak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back