Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on formatting percent field

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddean68

Programmer
Sep 6, 2003
US
Hi everyone,

I am doing a form that requires quite a few percent fields. What I wish to happen is if I type in 50 it would display 50% atm though it is displaying 5000%. I know the reson why this is happening, however I wish to get it so it works in the way I stated above. So that 50 = 50% not 5000 . is this possible?

afterupdate event of control:

Me![controlname] = (Me![controlname]/100)

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+
w: rljohnso@stewart.com
h: wildmage@tampabay.rr.com

I'm guessing that you're using the format function, since an automatic mutiplication is taking place?

You might want to consider, instead of using the Format function, simply a string concatenation:

=Trim(TheValue) & "%"

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back