Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on designing Multiple Gridviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twdeveloper

Programmer
Mar 8, 2011
US
Hello,

So here is my task I am trying to solve, looking for the best way to do this.

I have created an aspx page that calls an ascx control page. Now I designed a Gridview

which Lists all the "Class Names" (such as classes in school). Now when I select a certain class it takes me to me

View which displays 2 Panels. 1 being the details of the Class and the other being an additional Gridview showing the Roster of the

Class selected. Now what I am trying to do is from the Roster Gridview add an addtional view which displays the Students name that was selected and also another Gridview listing Student assignments. Off of the Assignments Gridview I need a select link that will then take me to a form I need to create that will allow Teacher Feedback.

Basically wondering if there are any examples out there of these multilayered Gridviews or if anyone can get some advice on the best way

to add the third Gridview for the Assignments and then the Update/Edit Form for the teacher feedback.

Thank You,

TWDeveloper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back