Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on..basic File permissions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

niet72

Programmer
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hi,
I am new to Unix/Linux world. I have question on the file permissions that are associated with the file and how to control during ftp/sftp.

I have a Weblogic account - "weblogic", created in this Linux (redhat 4.0) Server. I have scripts that sftp's the application files from this server to other Linux Servers and a Unix Servers using this same "weblogic" account.

The problem is after it sftp's the file the permisions set of those files are -rw-r--r-- .

How can I control this in my scripts or globally? I want the permissions to be: -rw-rw--r--

thanks
niet.

Weblogic's account umask must be 22. With umask 22, group write is turned off. If you setup weblogic with umask 2 (in that shell startup) then it should have group write.

This is only good for sftp, ftp does not invoke a shell (one can set "umask" in the ftp command, however).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back