Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on attribute/method of MIMS 4.3 Objects setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

chan

MIS
Oct 9, 2000
HK
Hi!

I'm confused with the interpretation of attribute/method security setup for MIMS 4.3 ( and/or Ellipse ) Object via the MSQ020 application and need your advice.

Say, if I want to restrict a user to see the equipment cost, labour cost, material cost, other cost and total cost of a work order in MSQ620, but at the same time, allow him to create and review work order via the MSQ620, can I simply do the following configuration :-

a) Grant "Review Access", "Update Access" on application : MSQ620 to the user signon profile
b) Set "No Access" to Attributes : ActEquipCost, ActLabCost, ActMatCost, ActOtherCost, ActTotatCost on class : WorkOrder for the user signon profile

Will the setup in item b) cause the concerned user to be unable to run the MSQ620 at all even though he is granted to access MSQ620 ?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back