Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question on adding pictures to web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

lance70

Technical User
Jan 21, 2009
US
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this question but figured someone here would know the answer. My dad just got his own web site for his business this week and had a professional do it and host it. My question is how can we add pictures or take pictuers off the site?
My cousin has a small business and when I was over there a few months ago I watched him add pictuers but it looked like he was just dragging pictures to where he wanted them on the page. I didn't see him typing much of anything, I don't know if that's a special software or not, thanks for your time.

Hi

Your question is kind of "I bought a new TV, how can I watch HB0" ( where none of TV brand/model, satellite/cable provider, status of channel availability/accessibility or any other detail is provided ).

Please give us details about that site. Or at least tell us its URL.

Feherke.

ohhh sorry about that, I'm not good at posting questions on here. It's innovet.us

Why aren't you asking the professional who did it and is hosting it? Surely that person would be the best to answer your question. We can't tell much from a web address.

Hi

That site looks like [sup](*)[/sup] set of 5 static HTML documents, either hand-written or generated based on some simple template.

So almost certainly there is no dedicated administration interface, so almost certainly you can not change the images with just some clicks.

The simplest you could do is to connect to the server via FTP then drag-and-drop the new images - with the same name as the old ones - into the [tt]DocumentRoot[/tt] directory. That to replace the images, no add, no delete, no move.

Probably even the smallest change that would affect the page content and/or structure will require editing the HTML documents.

I guess your cousin's site is powered by some CMS.

(*) There is no way to be sure unless we see what is and happens server-side.

Feherke.

Thank you very much! I will have my dad talk with the person who designed it then. That's exactly what I needed to know, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back