Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on adding a PRI to an Option 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbn466

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
US
I am going top be adding a new Pri with an NI2 interface to one of our systems this evening. I was wondering if it is possible to do all the programming ahead of time so that all i have to do when i am on site is install the card to an open slot and attach the PRI to the PBX.

My question really is can this be done without the card being seen by the system?

I was also looking for a quick reference sheet for programming a new PRI, What overlay's to go to and in what order but have had no luck in finding anything like that.

I know this much, just from trial and error,

ld 16 for the route's
ld 17 for the dchannels
ld 14 for the members

But i am unsure of the order in which to program all of this in to make it work with out the SCH codes yelling at me.

Any feed back would be great

If it help's, I am going to be using slot 8 and dchannel 4 on the new PRI for this sytem.

If you click on the advanced search link up above and search the meridian forum for PRI NEW or similiar keywords you will find many similar posts and answers.

You should be able to program it all ahead of time, I've never done it like that but as long as cardslot 8 is empty now, it should be okay.

In order you want:

Ld 17, new DLOP
Ld 16, new ROUTE
LD 17, new ADAN (DCH)
Ld 14, new trunks.. you can do a new 23 to add them all at one time
Ld 60, enll the new loop
Ld 96, enl the DCH

You may run into an issue with the new dch, but go as far as you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back