Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question MSDE: Query Analyzer vs MSAccess ADP

Status
Not open for further replies.

koci

Programmer
Oct 3, 2005
ES
Hi all!

I have one UDF which take 5 params. When I run this UDF from Query Analyzer (select * from dbo.UDFname (param1, ..., param5)), it take 5 seconds, but when I run from ADP project (doble click), it take > 200 seconds. In both situations I obtain the same result (of course). I look at the connexion, seems ok (File -> Connexion; in .adp).

Can anybody tell me why are this differences? And how to surpass this ? I want to use the access .adp to make one front to run a MSDE db.

Thank's in advance :)

koci.

Ok, partially I solved the problem, but still have a question:

The difference between this two tools:

1. In QA: select * from CInventarioAFechaPaso7Agrupar ('01/01/06',1,10000,0,0,0)
2. In ADP: Report.ControlSource = CInventarioAFechaPaso7Agrupar
Report.InputParameters = @FechaInventario datetime = Forms!PIInventario!FechaInventario, @DesdeFabricante int = Forms!PIInventario!DesdeProveedor, @HastaFabricante int = Forms!PIInventario!HastaProveedor, @IDFamilia smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDFamilia, @IDMarca smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDMarca, @IDTienda smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDTienda

When I change the reports control source at:

select * from CInventarioAFechaPaso7Agrupar ('01/01/06',1,10000,0,0,0)

and clean InputParameters, everything works OK, like in QA (of the time point of view, of course), so, no difference.

So far, so good.

But if I want to put params in the reports control source, like:

SELECT * FROM CInventarioAFechaPaso7Agrupar(@FechaInventario, @DesdeFabricante, @HastaFabricante, @IDFamilia, @IDMarca, @IDTienda)

the InputParameters it's change in

? = FechaInventario, ? = DesdeFabricante, ? = HastaFabricante, ? = IDFamilia, ? = IDMarca, ? = IDTienda

And If I edit this line, changing in:

@FechaInventario datetime = Forms!PIInventario!FechaInventario, @DesdeFabricante int = Forms!PIInventario!DesdeProveedor, @HastaFabricante int = Forms!PIInventario!HastaProveedor, @IDFamilia smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDFamilia, @IDMarca smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDMarca, @IDTienda smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDTienda

the line is change back in:

? = FechaInventario, ? = DesdeFabricante, ? = HastaFabricante, ? = IDFamilia, ? = IDMarca, ? = IDTienda

and I have no way to avoid the manual introduction of params, to run the report.

Any explications for this? A workaround, something?

Thank's,

koci.

PS. The way that I use (and work) is assigning in code, in the reports open event, something like following:

Dim MiSQL As String

MiSQL = "select * from CInventarioAFechaPaso7Agrupar ('" & Forms!PIInventario!FechaInventario & "'," & _
Forms!PIInventario!DesdeProveedor & "," & Forms!PIInventario!HastaProveedor & "," & _
Forms!PIInventario!IDFamilia & "," & Forms!PIInventario!IDMarca & "," & Forms!PIInventario!IDTienda & ")"
Debug.Print MiSQL

Me.RecordSource = MiSQL

but this is not very elegant, because can't see the field list, for an quick development of report.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, partially I solved the problem, but still have a question:
The difference between this two tools:
1. In QA:
2. In ADP:
Report.ControlSource = CInventarioAFechaPaso7Agrupar
Report.InputParameters = @FechaInventario datetime = Forms!PIInventario!FechaInventario, @DesdeFabricante int = Forms!PIInventario!DesdeProveedor, @HastaFabricante int = Forms!PIInventario!HastaProveedor, @IDFamilia smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDFamilia, @IDMarca smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDMarca, @IDTienda smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDTienda
When I change the reports control source at:
and clean InputParameters, everything works OK, like in QA (of the time point of view, of course), so, no difference.
So far, so good.
But if I want to put params in the reports control source, like:
SELECT * FROM CInventarioAFechaPaso7Agrupar(@FechaInventario, @DesdeFabricante, @HastaFabricante, @IDFamilia, @IDMarca, @IDTienda)
the InputParameters it's change in:
And If I edit this line, changing in:
@FechaInventario datetime = Forms!PIInventario!FechaInventario, @DesdeFabricante int = Forms!PIInventario!DesdeProveedor, @HastaFabricante int = Forms!PIInventario!HastaProveedor, @IDFamilia smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDFamilia, @IDMarca smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDMarca, @IDTienda smallint = Forms!PIInventario!IDTienda
the line is change back in:
and I have no way to avoid the manual introduction of params, to run the report.
Any explications for this? A workaround, something?

Thank's,

koci.

PS. The way that I use (and work) is assigning in code, in the reports open event, something like following:
Dim MiSQL As String
MiSQL = "select * from CInventarioAFechaPaso7Agrupar ('" & Forms!PIInventario!FechaInventario & "'," & _
Forms!PIInventario!DesdeProveedor & "," & Forms!PIInventario!HastaProveedor & "," & _
Forms!PIInventario!IDFamilia & "," & Forms!PIInventario!IDMarca & "," & Forms!PIInventario!IDTienda & ")"
Debug.Print MiSQL
Me.RecordSource = MiSQL
but this is not very elegant, because can't see the field list, for an quick development of report.

You could try returning the variables through public functions.

In standard module.
PubFechaInventario as date
PubDesdeFabricante as integer
etc.....
Public Function ReturnFechaInventario() as date
ReturnFechaInventario = PubFechaInventario
End Function
Public Function ReturnDesdeFabricante() as integer
ReturnDesdeFabricante = PubDesdeFabricante
End Function
etc....

In the Form where the variables are entered.
PubFechaInventario = Forms!PIInventario!FechaInventario
PubDesdeFabricante = Forms!PIInventario!DesdeProveedor
etc....

In the Record Source of the Report.
SELECT * FROM CInventarioAFechaPaso7Agrupar (ReturnFechaInventario(), ReturnDesdeFabricante(), etc, etc, etc, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back