Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question mark and lightning bolt in Director 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

1969mako

MIS
Nov 12, 2004
US
Does anyone know what the Question mark over a lightning bolt means in Director 4.2? If so, what do you do to get rid of it?
Thanks
-=daveg=-

The icon you are referring to generally occurs on a Management Processor (RSA/RSA II) installed in a system that was detected via the device driver, but the IP Address had not been determined. You can get rid of the icon by accessing the device.

Thanks for the response. I don’t have an RSA card installed and this is happening to allot of 335’s and 345’s. I started getting them as soon as I upgraded from 4.12 to 4.20.
Also I am not sure what you mean by “getting rid of them by accessing the device”. Are you talking about the RSA card I don’t have?
Another note is when I double click on them the Management Processor assistant comes up.
Any other thoughts?
Thanks.
-=daveg=-

You can use Director to interface the ISMP as well as a ASMA adapter, it is not just for the RSA cards. Basically the system proc (ISMP)is logging some sort of error and reporting it to director. You should be able to view the log of your system proc through director. If you are having trouble then you could boot to the F2 diags, check hardware info for system event log, and check to see if the system proc is logging some errors. Honestly I would suggest updating the firmware of your ISMP, since this starting happening when you updated Director. Are there any error lights lit on the front of the machine? It could be PFA errors as well.

The technical answer is that the Out of Band management hardware connection for associated managed object has not been verified and could invalid.

What this means that if you have a RSA Card that is not connected i.e. no network connectivity or no power.

Also for this product sometimes leaves false positives it is a good idea to make sure your hardware has the latest bios, drivers, and firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back