Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question: I want to make a WEB based inventory location app to show the aisle where a part is locate

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougP

MIS
Dec 13, 1999
US
So I'll have a blueprint of the facility as a image of some sort? Then I want to define an X-Y grid over the image.
Then I need to be able to correlate Aisle locations to the X-Y grid.
For example: Part number 1234 is located in Aisle 3 section 6, and that might equal X position 876, Y position 234.
Then if some one picks part 1234 then clicks show location, it would pop the blueprint and zoom in on that aisle 3 then show a red dot exactly where section 6 is.

Yes this is like Google maps but for inside buildings.
I did this years ago using a jpeg and a Microsoft Access app I wrote, but when the program ran on other computers, the difference in Display adaptors distorted the location red dot.
So X position 876, Y position 234 on computer Brand A was not the same as on Computer Brand B.

Can this be done in Flash and maintain the X-Y Grid to image parameters, so no matter what device it is on, it shows correctly?

Also the blue print can be very large.

Or any other suggestions?

TIA

DougP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back