Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron37

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
Hello,
I just did a search on Yahoo. Does anyone know where the display ads on the right come from. I'm sure it's some sort of pay per click. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A.Davis

The ads at the top and bottom are from Overture; the ads on the right (the box ads) I'm fairly sure are provided directly by Yahoo through their advertising dept. --------------

Hi,
There are ads that are provided directly by Yahoo but there are also smaller sponsor boxes that appear beneath them. These look similar to Google's ad words. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron Davis

Hi - The base primary results are from Google. The directory/hierachical results from Yahoo's own editors. To get included in the Yahoo Directory there is an annual fee of $299., which does not guarantee inclusion and is not refundable. The sponsored links are from Overture.

Hope this helps. -Beth beth@integratedresourcemgmt.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back