Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Virtual Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALF13

Technical User
Oct 30, 2006
DE
Is it possible to intall CCC and so on on Virtual Machines?
Is this supported by Avaya?

Not supported but that means not tested
I think it will work
Try it and let us know

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Don't know about CCC, but don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. I have an install of VM Pro and IMS running on a VMWare server and it works every bit as good as the Dell server we transplanted it from.

Supported? No, that simply means don't expect any help from Avaya if you have problems. Certainly doesn't mean it won't work.

Certainly doesn't mean it won't work.

I can think of examples where not supported = not working

Certainly I would suggest that you don't implement an unsupported solution on a customer's site.

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

mattknight,
This is not something a PA tech, or BP is doing. If they were PA tech, or BP they would know this is not supported, and would not be asking. That means they are not going to have support anyway, except for Tek tips. Therefore support is not really relevant as the entire system, and implementation is not supported anyway. So I say go for it, and if you have problems you can always call for some professional help to fix it.

If a customer ask me to do it i will but i will tell him that it is not supported and i can not give any quaranty at all
Things like vmware or virtual server should work great but i think avaya do not support because when there is an issue it is too complicated to tell what is going on

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back