Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question About Validation Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliber10

Technical User
Sep 22, 2008
So I have a table set up and 3 of the fields are called 1) Put Ownership (# of Shares) 2) Call Ownership (# of Shares) and 3) # of Total Warrants (CW). I need to create validation rules in fields 1 and 2 based on field 3. Fields 1 and 2 need to both be set to less than or equal to field 3. Any ideas? Thanks.

Use a Table validation rule.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Ya I have been working with expression builder. I am entering the expression... <=[# of Total Warrants (CW)] and I keep getting the error message "Could not find the field..." Any tips on what the expression should be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Is [red]# of Total Warrants (CW)[/red] the actual name of your field? I wasn't aware a field name could begin with a "[red]#[/red]". You should find a good naming convention that doesn't allow spaces and special characters.

If you field name isn't [red]# of Total Warrants (CW)[/red] then maybe you are viewing the caption. Captions are another "feature" I avoid.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Again, use Table validation rules, not Field validation.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back