Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about upgrades/additions & software release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2009
US
We’re currently at CM release 3.1.4 on our main S8710 servers. I’m wondering what the drop-dead date is on when Avaya will not allow any more sales of R3 or at what point a newer release won’t work with our existing configuration. For example, let’s say we want to add a new location that will have about 40 users and be a LSP setup with a media gateway like a G450 or whatever. If I’m thinking correctly, we can add a new site like that as long as it’s LSP…but you’re not able to add a larger site that is an ESS site. Is that right? I know there’s some issue with the main servers and the remote LSP and ESS servers needing to be within a certain release of one another but I’m not sure about the details of that. Can you help explain that?

Also I was wondering about these old G3r cabinets (MCC) we have still in use at the main location. They’re controlled but the S8710. I heard there was no option to have a service agreement on these any longer. We have an existing agreement that expires late 2010 but I’m just wondering what the details are on these…what Avaya’s plans are for support or no support on these cabinets.

I'm hoping to get these answers out of our Avaya rep (if I can find one) or our business partner, but if you have some insight on this in the meantime that would be great.

MCC Cabinets

S8710 servers

Intuity Audix

Communications Manager (Extended support notice) for 3.?

End of support letters covers everything that are going out of support

Avaya (Lucent or AT&T) had always extended support for easy money maintenance items. The trouble free ones like MCC cabinets. The 3.1 version of CM is also a good load that doesn't have many problems that cant be fixed by going to the free upgrade of 3.1.5, so I look for them to keep it a while longer too.

I pretty much am running the same setup you are (3.1.4 on S8710's) so I will also be keeping an eye on this thread.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back