Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about UDP overlaping w/local dialplan on G3V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CableMonkey

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
Extensions 3xxx are local and extensions 4xxx are on a remote PBX (AAR/UDP is configured)

Some of the local users have moved to the remote site and would like to keep their extensions, however I can not “change UDP 3”. I get an error message that says: “inconsistent with dialplan”.

My dial plan table is configured so that the 3xxx range is set to “Extension” and the 4xxx extension range is set to “Misc”, which got me thinking that maybe the 3xxx range had to be “Misc” as well but the system didn’t let me change this since there are local extensions assign in that range.

How do I make this work?
Can local Extensions and UDP route overlap?

Try the command "change UDP 1"
I'm no UDP expert but you can be more specific than 1 digit if it helps you here is a copy of my UDP and dialplan table:

Matching Insert Matching Insert
Pattern Len Del Digits Net Pattern Len Del Digits Net
23 4 0 112 aar 2399 4 0 111 aar
2310 4 0 111 aar 24 4 0 112 aar
2311 4 0 111 aar 2400 4 0 112 aar
2320 4 0 111 aar 2401 4 0 111 aar
2323 4 0 111 aar 2411 4 0 111 aar
2325 4 0 111 aar 7199 4 0 110 aar
2327 4 0 111 aar 8868 4 0 110 aar

display dialplan nalysis
Dialed Total Call
String Length Type
0 1 attd
1 3 fac
13 4 dac
23 4 ext
24 4 ext
25 4 ext
26 4 ext
6 4 ext
67 4 ext
68 4 ext
7 4 ext
8 4 ext
9 1 fac
* 2 fac
# 2 fac

Thanks for the example Toni.

I have tried to be more specific, for example “change UDP 30” “change UDP 300” “Change UDP 3000” but the system just wont let me add a UDP code in the same range as local extensions.

I can do “change UDP 4”. On the dialplan table 4 is set to “Misc”. I don’t get it because I know I’ve seen this done before. I’m starting to wonder if this is a limitation of the G3v6 code or possibly a system parameter/option that needs to be changed.

Blind leading the blind here okay...I think you are right and you may need a UDP permission or license look at your command: "display system-parameters customer-options"
(We are on different switch versions, I'm on CM 3.0) On my switch page 5, list Uniform Dialing Plan? "Y". I'm guessing you may have an "N".

I found a command called "change dialplan parameters" and it has a field for UDP Extension Search Order. Mine is set to local-extensions-first and the other option is udp-table-first.

When I do a change uniform dialplan, it let's me put any number I want afterwards. If I start with a number 3, it only shows me extensions 3 and upwards, 4, 5, etc...

When I do a change dialplan analysis, no matter how many total length in my dialed string, my call type has no option for "Misc".

Any number in my UDP Table is listed in my dialplan as "ext"

On the dialplan you have the 4 programmed as misc which allows you to define further the functions for digits after this. If you do a 'Display Second 4' you will see a table showing what the next digits are used for. Some of the programming should be for extensions also.

What do you see when you type 'list udp'?

Keep in mind that you are opening a can of worms by moving extensions to the other PBX because your udp table will need changed everytime you move an extension. Also keep in mind that the other PBX will also need to be programmed for the changes.

Not sure on the details or setup at your remote site but PBXadmin has a good point and made me think...if they don't have local trunking at the remote site their features such as 911 that need to be addressed. Also if your PBX or T1 goes down, even if whatever system they have in place at the other site is up, their DID's won't make it to them. If you can, it's safer to make a clean break. Make their old extensions VDN's and vector forward to new extensions so they don't miss calls, but have them change their email signatures and business cards and contacts start calling the new number right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back