Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about tunneling into Cisco VPN with Linksys

Status
Not open for further replies.

babaki

Technical User
Feb 7, 2003
US
Here is my situation..
My office has a Cisco 30xx concentrator for remote users to get on our network. I dont really know any of the settings right now. We connect to it onm our laptops through the cisco vpn client which has a group username and password and each person has their own username and password.

I want to know if there is a way to use a linksys router to vpn into my netowork so that any laptop I plug into the router will automatically be VPN'd in to my netowrk without having the client software. I will be working on 1000 laptops from a hotel and dont want to load the client onto each one to get access to my network back at the office. Linksys told me to buy the BEFVP41 but I dont see how you can set it up for this configuration. I have a BEFSR41 already. Does anyone have any ideas? I GREATLY appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back