Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about the transmitting of 2+GB's of data every Wed morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummelhart

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2009
US
I have a major question, and I do not know if this is the right place for it or not.

Since September of 2008 and maybe less, a client, or service within our Network has transmitted over 1.6GB of data every Thursday morning from 1am to 7am. As of recent the transmission rates are almost doubling in size.

I have tried using show logging with my PIX 506E Firewall to get any and all information on this problem, as well as go through all the Audits within my WinServer 2003 DC's.

As of this last week, we bought this application called ShareAlarmPro, and hope to test it out this Wednesday morning as well as sertting up a laptop with Wireshark on the outside of the database hoping to listen for any suspicious hits.

Is there anything else I can do to help search for this problem. It is getting out of hand, and saddly effect the pocket book of my boss.

Respectfully,

David

How do you know there is data being transmitted, I assume you must know the pc or IP address? If you have a firewall in place lock down all ports except what is needed unless this client is using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back