Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about the tracking file and the staging file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis.Beurive

Programmer
Apr 7, 2017
FR
Hello everybody,

I have two general questions about UNICENTER. The responses to these questions may help me understand how UNICENTER works.

My first question concerns the "tracking file".

From what I've read, I conclude that the "tracking file" is used (among other things) to :
[ul]
[li]Store the jobsets that should be executed "in the future". "In the future" means "today, but also tomorrow or later".[/li]
[li]Keep tracks of the status of the executed jobs and jobsets.[/li]
[/ul]

Is it correct ?

My second question concerns the "staging file".

I did not find a lot of information about this file. My idea (but its more a guess than anything else) is that the "staging file" is used to store the jobsets that must be executed today.

One difference between the "tracking file" and the "staging file" is that the former contains all the jobsets that must be executed in the future while the latter contains only the jobsets that must be executed today.

Is it correct ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Denis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back