Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about the List trace station command 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telular

Technical User
Dec 10, 2008
MX
Hi All

I Have an Avaya S8500 Media Server.

The receptionist told me that some times when she receives a call, it suddenly ends. I have been monitoring her station
I'm doing a List trace station, but when the trace buffer is full the monitoring ends. I would like to know if exists a way to make a longest trace to detect the problem more easy.

Thank you :)

You're probably better off getting some assistance on the MST trace - Message Sequence Trace. That's a trace that runs until the event, then the trace is halted, the results are downloaded and analyzed by Avaya and the fix is identified. I don't know if you can modify the trace buffer in the mannner you're wishing to.

It would be nice to know how the average run of the mill bloke could filter and analyze the MST trace.

Thank you for your answer rockspop :)
I'm not clear about MST, It is an aditional tool, or how can I do that trace?, sorry if it sounds fool for you, but probably I didn't understand what did you want to say.

thank you again

Go check thi out..........

display mst Page 1 of 16
MESSAGE SEQUENCE TRACE

Run Time Limit: 99 days Disable On Buffer Full? n Generic Filters? n
Store Timestamp? y Start Trigger? n Log Mst? n
Message Storage: entire Stop Trigger? n Trace Analyzer? n
Stop Count:
Retrigger? n

X.25? n GATEWAY? n EWT? n DEBUG BUTTON? n HW ERROR LOG? n
ISDN-PRI? n CCMS? n SIP Trunks? n PRECs? n PROC ERRORS? n
ISDN-BRI? n PACKET? n CALL TRACE? n BSR? n IP? n
ASAI? n VECTORS? n CDR? n DENIAL EVENTS? n BASM? n
CMS? n VECTOR EVENTS? n PMS? n FW ERROR LOG? n
IP Stations/LSPs/ESSs? n

X.25 Filter Data
Processor Channel: 1 Link Control: all
Application Data: none Session Timers? y
Confirmations? n Application Errors? y
Session Control: all Unrecognized Messages? y
Processor Channel Control: all

Ok, thank you :), I'm going to read about it to understand it better.

Just the old phone guy here but there is this software called Call Flow Extract from UtilCall. I believe it has a continuous list trace station command. I will restart the command until the user stops it. There is a free 10 day trial check it out.

Thanks
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Now that's what I love about this forum. I have used Call Flow Extract for years, but I didn't know you could do a rolling list trace with it!

Speak softly and carry a big switch

Wow, Thank you
I downloaded the software, I make some test, I get the unused extensions and I made a VDN trace and it worked, but when I want to do an Extension trace It just doesn't work, I dont receive information :( but I don't know the reason.

I need to review the configuration to detect if something is wrong.

Bump..

I have the same issue. Does anyone have the "list trace station" portion working? I am running CM3.1.5, fully patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back