Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about SysMon Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbankscharles

Technical User
Oct 8, 2023
US
Every 10 seconds on one of my systems, when I run SysMon I receive the following two messages:

345122941mS DTM: 26/12/2023 23:39:35 (Tue 26 Dec 2023) [192.168.5.2 (SystemName)]
345125434mS PRN: Receive from backup server: len=9, Src=0xc0a80507:50791 Dst=0xc0a80502:4099, msgdata=7

Can someone explain to me what (and why) is being received from what backup server? Is this something I need to be worried about?

Thanks

Good question, my first guess would be that it is the contact telling the system that the backup server is still online and ready to take over should the main server fail.
Port 50791 IPO Voicemail (UDP) To voicemail server address.

This could be the backup vm server or the backup server edition as you didn't include that as info and I can only guess from the port. If you give more information you get more information back as then someone may be able to replicate it.

What filters are active in your SysMon (default, added ones or disabled some) would also be good to know.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Joe,

I missed that it was port 50791 which would be my Voicemail. To be honest, I didn't know what information I should have added. The message only shows up when I have "Print" selected under "System". I do have a backup Voicemail Server. I still don't have a complete picture of the network topology. My main focus has been getting the extensions cleaned up on all three systems.

My initial thought was the system was using the backup of something because the primary was not working. So, let's go with VoiceMail as I don't believe there are any backup IP Office Servers.

I have a rule of thumb, if there are no problems then I don't look into Monitor because is only scares me with weird stuff going on somewhere.

But as for the information you can ALWAYS add to any new thread you start.
System type (server or IP500 and then if it has embedded or VmPro) and the release
That always helps

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Westi is correct, unless there is an actual issue is there any problem here? Enable all the trace options for an apparently idle IP Office system will show a continuous stream of handshakes, re-registrations, keepalives and other communications going on between all the components.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back